We encourage the legal use and re-use of the content on our website, under the terms stated below:
All images, maps, text and other resources found on the TimeMap of World History (www.timemaps.com) and other TimeMaps Ltd on-line properties that are discoverable freely on-line on official TimeMaps sites are free to use and share, for non-commercial purposes only, by using the guidelines below, unless specifically stated.
Any TimeMaps Ltd created materials found on sites that are not owned or managed by TimeMaps Ltd are illegally reproduced and must be reported to us immediately unless they follow the following guidelines:
All information from the site that is reproduced, copied or used for any purpose must attribute the website fully and clearly, using the words TimeMaps, the page the content is taken from and the date.
If the content re-use is for an on-line source, it must have the following accreditation:
- TimeMap of World History, www.timemaps.com
- For all maps used, the ‘alt tag’ must attribute www.timemaps.com and the exact page from which it was taken, as a hyperlink
- All text must be referenced, “TimeMap of World History”, followed by the exact web address for the page from which you have taken the text
- The TimeMaps logo must not be obscured or removed from any maps.
- Place links to the atlas, or to the relevant map page, near the map, or in a list of references attached to the article.
If you wish to use any of the content in a commercial publication, or for commercial purposes, please write to Timemaps Ltd. for permission.